Sunday, September 14, 2014

Emergency




Dear Human,

        Yesterday evening, Saturday September 13, 2014, approximately 6:40 pm a man, (in his late twenties early thirties, slim built, approximately 5 feet 4 inches tall, dark complexion, wearing dark colors), knocked on the door of my apartment. My brother opened the door. The man asked for Luis Perez and said that he is from the Department of Education. My brother reasonably requested to see some identification. The man refused to show his identification so my brother respectfully told him that he cannot help him unless he can show him identification. The man said okay you can close the door.
                        
        Today, approximately 12:30 pm, on her way out of my apartment, my mother discovers a stack of papers taped to my door.

        Note: The space between my door and the floor measures 1 ½ centimeters across. The stack of papers (22 sheets of 8 ½ by 11 inches) measures to less than ¼ of a centimeter.

        The man whom represents the Department of Education (and the Amistad Dual Language School Administrators) scotch-tapped to my door with no envelope, for all my neighbors (and people visiting the building) to witness, the 3020a charges by the Department of Education that were filed by the Amistad Dual Language School Administrators.

        The front page alone clearly exposed my name, date of birth, and social security number for over 17 hours, to my neighbors and visitors to the building. The front page also clearly exposed the name and address of the Amistad Dual Language School, the principal’s name, and the charges brought against me.

        There is clearly enough space beneath my door to slip the stack of papers into my apartment (or the man could have simply handed them over to my brother). Instead, this representative of the Department of Education and of the Amistad Dual Language School Administrators had tapped this document to my door without an envelope with malicious intent.

        This personal information was exposed to my neighbors and visitors to my building for over 17 hours, on a Saturday evening when there was a lot of people going in and out of the building due to several different special festive gatherings that went on to the late morning hours.

         What thoughts would be running through your head if you were the target to such vile harassment? How long before you find yourself on the brink?


Sincerely,
Luis Ángel Perez, Educator